Monday, March 21, 2022

Today





Today, standing 

under the mvuli tree 

where once I'd spread 

my husband's ashes

In this, his favorite place


My now older hand 

tentatively touched 

the creviced bark

as if somehow 

I were wistfully 

touching his face

 

I looked out 

over the expanse 

of lake Victoria

and ruminated 

at how I believed 

a time ago

This lake could never hold 

my watershed of tears


The breeze rustled the leaves 

of this peaceful tree 

Gently whispering 

caresses around me

As though my beloved 

was once again here


Memories of adventures 

and dreams we shared

Reminded me of what 

death and time had stolen


Resolutely I stand 

in the face of my tomorrow's

Choosing to live 

my life as if each day 

might contain moments 

of my everlasting breath


© Kimberly Anne Wallace March 21, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!

More about Kimberly Anne at:

www.exousia-ministries.org
www.linkedin.com/pub/kimberly-wallace/30/41b/52a
http://facebook.com/KimberlyAnne.Wallace